While I rarely crave sweets, lately with the clean eating I’ve been doing It’s been a bit out of control. Craving sugar and fatty foods but trying to find healthy alternatives has been fun to explore.
With my birthday coming up in 4 days and with most of my friends on a cleanse, we are all very excited to enjoy some wine together. In the mean time I wanted to try something healthy but that would curb my sweet cravings and try something new.
Flourless Banana Muffins – thank you Running with Spoons
**These are moist and delicious and you would never know they didn’t have flour!
***Super quick to whip up too!
**** Makes 9 (my batch made 10) muffins at 127 calories each
***** For those of you who can’t eat bananas I think applesauce might work – worth a shot!
– 1/4 cup almond butter (I had peanut butter so I used it (peanut butter banana) I think almond or cashew would be best)
– 2 ripe bananas (I used 3 because mine were small)
– 1 egg
– 1/2 cup rolled oats (I used Gluten Free rolled Oats – I’m going to try my GF Oat flour next time since I have so much of it!)
– 2 tablespoons honey
– 1/4 cup almond meal – you can sub this for 1/4 cup more oats if you don’t have almond meal
– 2 tablespoons ground flaxseed
– 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
– 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
– 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon (I don’t use cinnamon in mine but would be good I’m sure)
Toss all ingredients into a food processor (it said blender so that should work too) and pour batter into a prepared muffin pan. Bake for 10-12 minutes at 375 degrees. Mine went for 16 minutes – toothpick should come out clean. Let sit in pan for additional 10 mins before removing to a rack.