While this recipe didn’t turn out the way I had hoped, it’s still very tasty and easy to make. My friend came over for dinner and I thought this would be a lovely, warming dish to enjoy on a Saturday night in.
I made the recipe as per the Pinterest post I found – however I found it too thin, made a nice soup! I refer back to my typical slogan “It tastes great but looks like crap”.
Chicken, Swiss Chard & Chickpea Curry – The Crepes of Wrath
339 Calories per serving (without rice)
– 2 tablespoons olive oil
– 6 chicken thighs, cut into bite sized pieces (I used 3 chicken breasts because thats what I had)
– 2 shallots, thinly sliced
– 3 tablespoons green curry paste (I use Taste of Thai)
– 2 tablespoons chili paste (I used fresh Sambal Olek – hence the color of my curry)
– 1 teaspoon kosher salt
– 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
– 1 – 14 ounce can of coconut milk
– 2 cups water (I would only use 1 cup next time)
– 1 – 14 ounce can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
– 1 bunch swiss chard, cleaned, trimmed and thinly sliced
1. Heat oil in a large heavy bottomed pot. Add cubed chicken. Cook until almost fully cooked (6-7 minutes) Add in the shallots and cook until translucent. Add the curry paste, chili paste, kosher salt, ginger, coconut milk and 1 cup of water. Stir to combine, then bring to a boil.
*It says to add the second cup of water, but I would do this as per how thick your sauce is. I prefer my curries thicker, so I would omit this next time.
Bring to a boil, add chickpeas and simmer for 20mins.
2. After simmering, add in the trimmed and sliced Swiss Chard. Simmer for an additional 15-20 mins.
3. Serve with rice or on it’s own.
*I would try the chicken thighs next time!