I have many cheerleaders in my life and while I don’t think I would have accomplished as much as I have in my 31 years without them, I must say I’m starting to really cheer myself on.
Last week I did a cleanse. Not because I drank too much or had a lot of bad food, but really to give me an extra boost in my weight loss endeavors. Clear my palate and make room for further health and wellness.
My girl Tanya prepared a meal plan based on the ReCleanse program (calories included oh and a shopping list! And 3 day prep guide…shout out to Tanya!) that would help detox the body while still maintaining a healthy diet that allowed me to continue to exercise. I lost 5lbs! (Remember water weight) and honestly don’t feel deprived or huge cravings… I feel fantastic!
I did the full 7 days with no cheating and finally had a drink and a treat on the day after my cleanse. Today would be two days post cleanse and I ate what would be super healthy, clean and satisfying.
I love my cheerleaders (you know who you are!) and I am thankful that I am focused on myself and hitting my goals. I am 10 lbs away from my July 25th goal and realistically will be happy even if I am toned, running faster and that my bikini shopping experience goes well!
Today I had green beans, watermelon salad and some Paprika chicken for dinner. Healthy. Delicious. And filling! Perfect for a hot, sunny day pre horseback riding. My friend Christine recommended watermelon salad and I though I’d give it a try!
Watermelon Salad (single serving)
- 1 cup watermelon – small chunks
- 2 tablespoons crumbled feta (of course I didn’t measure but I eyeballed it)
- 4-5 fresh mint leaves – minced (other herbs will do as long as they are fresh)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil – drizzled
- 1 tablespoon balsamic reduction
- Combine above 4 ingredients in a bowl and then drizzle with balsamic reduction once served.
- Optional: salt and pepper (pepper would have been great but the salty was came from the feta)
**when adding salt try and use sea salt or Himalayan salts rather than table salt**
I’ll get the chicken recipe up one of these days. It’s tricky though cause I didn’t create the marinade but it’s sooo good and lemony!