This weekend was wonderful! I got some exercise, saw one of my dearest friends marry the man of her dreams and whipped up a few goodies in the kitchen.
I saw a friend this afternoon and she said she was going to make steaks for dinner, she was craving beef. While I had steak at the wedding, I decided I’d grab some stewing beef. Without a plan…
Tomorrow my boss has a birthday and I’ve been eagerly waiting for this because it meant baking. So I whipped up his birthday treat and simultaneously started preparing my dinner.
I spent a few minutes scrolling through Pinterest for ideas for my beef and landed on this recipe. Very easy but requires patience as it has to cook for 3+ hrs. Simple. Delicious. Tender morsels of beef that melt in your mouth. Yes please!!!
Tejano Carnes Guisada – Original Recipe
- Salt and pepper
- 2-3 lbs stew beef
- 1 large onion
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 3 cups water
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1/2 or 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 2 tablespoons beef bouillon
- Hear oil. Season beef pieces with salt and pepper. Without crowding the beef brown each piece on all sides. Add oil if necessary between batches of beef.
- Set beef aside and cook sliced onions for 5-10 mins until almost fully cooked. Add beef, water, tomato sauce, bouillon and other ingredients and bring to a boil.
- Once it’s boiled turn heat down and let simmer for 3+ hrs. The longer it cooks the thicker the sauce and you will not be disappointed!
- This can be eaten with rice and beans on a taco or in a bowl. I made guacamole, sour cream, chopped lettuce and added some tapatio hot sauce to give it an extra kick.