Hello! I missed you guys and I’m sorry I’ve been so quiet. Things have been crazy and I’ve been so focused on my half marathon training and then was on a beautiful holiday for two weeks. It’s really no excuse but here I am and that’s all that matters!
Update: I have lost 26 lbs and managed to keep it all off even though I was on holiday! Booyah! Now the fun part begins…I’m kidding. It’s the challenging part…of pushing through to the next goal, another 23 lbs. I’m over halfway there! While I’m not too set on what the scale says and I’m more focused on how I feel and look, I know I can do another 17lbs and be where I was only 4 short years ago. I want to push it a bit further and get to my goal weight and bed toned. I’ll keep you posted!
The pic on the right was taken on my 28th (3 years ago)birthday. And the pic on the left was taken on June 30 of this year. While it’s not the greatest picture it certainly shows the difference in the red top!
Ok so let’s focus on why you’re really here…the food!
Last week while I was on holiday my coworker Leah celebrated her 26th birthday. She requested chocolate and peanut butter. This cake did not disappoint. It was a bonus that it’s flourless making it edible for all in the office, including myself.
I’m not going to include the recipe in my own words because frankly the blog I got it from does a great job and I made zero modifications. You can hit this recipe up at Yammies Noshery. It’s worth the effort and great with a strong cup of black coffee.
The garlic sauce chicken was to die for. My house smelled amazing and I will definitely be making this again. This recipe was found on Pinterest and was easy to make.
Garlic Sauce Chicken
- 4 chicken thighs (2 lbs worth) I used two chicken breasts because that’s what I had
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 head of garlic cloves peeled and separated
- Salt and pepper
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary (I used dried)
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley (I used dried)
- 1 cup white wine (one you like)
- Heat olive oil in a pan and seared seasoned chicken until brown on all sides
- Remove chicken and add peeled garlic stirring constantly only to brown it. Don’t burn it!
- Carefully add the white wine and stir in the herbs. Let the sauce reduce for a minute then add the chicken back in.
- Turn down the heat and cover and let cook for 20mins flipping the chicken half way through. If it looks dry the add more wine.
- I served mine with steamed green beans and a smashed yam!
Note: this weekend I will be running my second half marathon with my parents and sister in law. Wish me luck!