Hello my friends! Oh how I’ve missed you. Hence the title of this post!
When you see self care what comes to mind for you? How would you explain it to someone? What do you do for self care?
As you know I have been on a mission to change my body inside and out. Recently I have been very focused and trying to balance my life, only to realize I was dropping the ball on self care.
It’s important to take care of our own needs and not be so concerned about everyone else’s. I get if you’re a parent you have to share that balance with others, but you are still important and need your own care too.
My self care fell to the wayside because I’ve been spreading myself so thin. Working, teaching, working out and spending time with friends and family – this is no excuse. I stopped my daily ritual of Epsom salt baths and ice packs to help my body heal after my workouts. I haven’t even had time to catch up on some of my favourite shows. This weekend while spending time with friends and family I realized this had to change!
Some things for self care:
- hot epsom salt bath (great for healing the body or detoxing by adding other ingredients)
- crafting or doing things with your hands. Things you enjoy and that bring happiness and calmness to your body and soul
- reading and writing. Learning and flexing your brain muscles as well as writing your thoughts for the day or learnings you’ve had. This is very therapeutic and inspiring and can lead to some great outcomes in your life
- sleeping. Food. Exercise. These are all examples of self care
Because I am important and I value my health and wellness I’m making self care part of my daily routine again. It’s the difference between my health and happiness and the ability to achieve my goals
- 30 days of yoga – in progress day 21!
- No alcohol – day 23 of 28!
- weight loss – officially down 30lbs!
It’s bath time!